History of the hills and fort
Undrugonda Giridurgam was originally built by Vishnukundinulu and Kalyana Chalukya dynasties in the 5th century A.D. Later, it was developed by different dynasties at different periods such as Kunduru Cholas, Recherla Padmanayakulu, and Reddy Rajulu. Later, Kakatiyas, Bahamani Sultans, Vijayanagara Kings & Ajamjahi Kings ruled this fort by their representatives. British archaeologist Robert Swell who visited this fort during the Nizam period, quoted it in his article “Archaeological remains in the presidency of Madras, Varanasi,” published in 1852.
This fort also played a role during the Indian union’s annexation of the Nizam kingdom when Nizam Nawab put Khasim Rajwi’s army at Undrugonda fort to prevent the progress of Indian armed forces towards Golconda. This fort also got its role in “Telangana Rythanga Poratam.”
No Distance Is too Far
Adi Seshu, Naga Devatha, Ganga devata, Surya Bhagavan temple, Vinayaka viagrahas, and different grama devata temples exist here. Many medicinal plants grown by different kings, medicinal/ayurvedic preparatory centers are developed at places called “Mandula Kuttilu”. District authorities surveying for medicinal plants identified 28 types of medicinal herbs for diabetes, cardiac diseases, and natural mosquito repellents.
Plenty of places of meditation for ancient saints (“Rishula Guhalu”) exist there.
All the hills, valleys, hilltops, water lakes, fortifications, and temples make Undrugonda a scenic archaeological, spiritual, trekking, and hiking center, and people from different walks of life are visiting Undrugonda for relaxation.
అభివృద్ధి చేస్తే ‘పేట’కు పర్యాటక శోభ